Sunday, June 27, 2010

This is a disaster.

I ADORE this child.

It's time for a little practice..
Here lately my camera has been lagging behind a bit.
It rarely gets used anymore. The creative side of me is drooping like Peter Griffin's left side when he had the stroke from eating all the burgers..
I still don't know why we aren't funding it, Peter. I'll get back to you.

...This is what I do. I have conversations with myself.
Anywhoozle. I recently got a new lens for my camera that I intend to use at my friend Maegan's wedding. I'm super nervous. She asked me to be one of two photographers. The other is a proffesional. How can I compete with that.
..I know, I know. It's not a competition. But I still want her to like my photos.
Well, I tried to practice a bit at a wedding I attended this past Saturday.
Amie is my mom. Almost. She might as well be. I'm there more than I am at my house.
I've known this lady practically all my life and I'm so glad she asked me to help out with the wedding. Though, I didn't do much. I kinda just stood around.
..Ah. The rambling. I'll get to my point. Goodness.
You impatient people.
Here. These are just a few. I don't have Photoshop or any other editing program on my new computer and it's killing me! I used an online photo editor for these. It was weird to use. It didn't have all the buttons I am used to.
Enjoy. Critize. Comment.
..Please enjoy. Please. :]
Non. :]
I put my camera on continuous, held down the button and turned the camera.
I got this shot from many different angles.

That kiss.
The flower girls.
The lovely bride.

The Groom's sister.
Her two beautiful daughters.
This isn't all of the ones I edited. But for some reason it won't let me add anymore.
Damn, thing.
Ugh. Um. Yeah. I know they aren't that great. But. Leave me alone. I wasn't an actual photographer. :[
Seeing these, I'm kinda disappointed in myself. Oh well.
Maybe the next one will go better.
I should pack my camera up and never take it out again. Wow.

4 comments:

  1. Shut yo mouth. These are great. "Second shooting," as it's called, ESPECIALLY at weddings, are such amazing practivce. Practivce? Practice. Whatever.
    The very last one is my favorite.
    Don't put yourself down or you're never gonna get better.
    www.jamiedelanie.com
    www.bluelily.squarespace.com
    ^
    Easily my favorite wedding photographers.
    Check 'em out. Get some ideas from them. Creeping photography blogs is the best way to improve.
    I know I'm saying this like I'm some great wise photographer, and I'm not. We're easily on the same level as far as photography and all that goes. Butttttt this is my advice to you. I have very little inside of me, so feel special. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side note: You know, you could always get a Canon.... ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second side note: It's www.jamiedelaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. Haha.
    "It's dropping like Peter Griffin's left side."
    I just laughed so hard I snorted.

    ReplyDelete